Thursday, May 9, 2019

Met Gala 2019


Met Gala 2019 was such an amazing moment for me, I got the chance to showcase one of my favorite hair textures 



I used it to sew wefts of hair into my client Bevy Smith hair to create ponytail foundation, I then flat ironed pieces to twist and braid. 

I then added the jumbo twist to form a good platform 

I decided to put this amazing crystal crown by Anthony Maxwell in the back instead of the front because it was my private message to the world that WE are taking our crown back! 


My final touch was to add the French Fishtail braid, I grabbed larger pieces when creating the braid so that when I spread it open it wouldn't frizz and fray so much, I wanted it to be just a tad loose.


WE made Essence list for best hair and makeup


And Allure magazine did a nice interview with Bevy and the glam team, click the link to read where I got my inspiration from  
BONUS feature in the New York Times












No comments:

Post a Comment